FIFA 12 Charity Tourney Champions
Apr 04, 2012
Congratulations to the Seattle Sounders' Fredy Montero and Alvaro "Flaco" Fernandez for winning our FIFA 12 Charity Tournament!
TAKE THE 5 FOR A CURE CHALLENGE!
Mar 03, 2012
Take 5 minutes to read about what I’m doing to help find a cancer cure and find out how you can help with this initiative.
Take 5 dollars that you would normally spend on coffee and make a tax-deductible donation.
- One new person is diagnosed with a blood cancer every 5 minutes.
- Two $5 donations provides 2 hours of microscope use to determine if a new medicine will stop a life-threatening lung infection in a bone marrow transplant patient.
- Three $5 donations will cover the cost of sending a newly diagnosed patient information about their disease and how to get support
- Four $5 donations pays for a bottle of nutrients that will nourish 10 million leukemia cells grown in the lab for a week, enabling scientists to test whether a new anti-cancer drug halts their growth.
- 5 is the number of years some cancer patients have to stay in remission to be considered cured
Forward this page to 5 friends and encourage them to make a difference.
I'll keep running until we find a cure.
Feb 15, 2012
I am doing it again!
My runs will be dedicated to three amazing superstars that have impacted my life in ways they cannot even imagine. This season is to honor Jerry Estrada, Sr., and Irene Barber, and in memory of David "Grouch-O" Acosta.
I have a mission-to help find cures and more effective treatments for blood cancers. To accomplish that mission, I will need your support. Your financial support to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society will go great lengths towards a cure for not only blood cancers, but for all types of cancers.
I am conquering the West Coast and will be running all the way in San Diego, California and crossing international borders to run in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada!
I will be running in the following marathons:
- Nike + 1/2 Marathon (Redmond, WA)
- Eugene 1/2 Marathon (Eugene, OR)
- BMO Vancouver 1/2 Marathon (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- San Diego Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon (San Diego, CA)
- Seattle Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon (Seattle, WA)
Throughout the different cities, I will run with one common goal: to eradicate cancer.
All contributions are tax-deductible and go to this amazing mission.
If you are interested in staying up-to-date on my training and fundraising progress, you may read my online blog: