We Did It!
Oct 02, 2013 by Meganne Masko
Do you see the amount raised listed on this page? Do you? Do you see that it says $4025? That's 103% of the goal! How awesome are you for making this happen? Pretty darn awesome!
Your contributions are going to help people living with blood cancers with their treatment co-pays, and fund research to save lives. You are literally a life saver!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Purple Hair and a Big Thank You!
Sep 07, 2013 by Meganne Masko
This was a great week for Team Masko! Between personal donations and a gig played at our town bar, we raised another $700 to help end blood cancers. Some of that money came from students and faculty members at the university where I work, which brought the total for the great hair challenge up to $500. As you may recall, $500 was the level at which I agreed to dye my hair purple. So...here you go...PURPLE HAIR!
Thank you to everyone who has donated to Team Masko up to this point! We are very close to reaching the goal of $3900 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Together, I know we will make it.
Bling it on for Team in Training
Aug 24, 2013 by Meganne Masko
Woohoo, it's time for a Lia Sophia party for Team in Training! You can get your bling and help a good cause all at the same time.
- Lia Sophia Jewelry Catalog party
- Place an order any time before September 1, 2013
- Online: http://www.liasophia.com/GetYourSparkle
- On the phone: Call Carol Olszewski at (319) 331-6786
- Let Carol know you are ordering for the Team in Training
**August sale!!! Select 2 items at regular price, and select up to 4 items at 50% off!!!**
Thank you for your support!
The great hair challenge revisited
Aug 12, 2013 by Meganne Masko
I ran into some of my university colleagues this past weekend. Of course I immediately started talking about Team in Training and the big Nike marathon. They gave me a great idea for upping the ante on the great hair challenge to raise funds for LLS.
In case you missed it, here is the original challenge I issued to my students and colleagues:
- Raise $500 and my hair goes purple
- Raise $750 and I add green stripes
- Raise $1000 and they can shave my head!
It would seem that not everyone wants to see me bald, and they might be willing to pay to see me keep my hair. So, here are the revised guidlines for the hair challenge:
- The color portion of the challenge stays no matter how you vote.
- You can cast your vote by making a donation and adding a note that says either "hair" or "no hair." (There will be offline options for voting once the semester begins.)
- It will take at least $1000 to shave my head.
- The group that raises the most money decides the fate of my hair.
I am willing to go all out for this challenge. I hope you are, too.
Aug 04, 2013 by Meganne Masko
Wow, today's recital for Team in Training raised $762! That's a huge amount donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I am overwhelmed by the generosity shown by the people in attendance at the recital and bake sale. It was incredible.
I still have $1560 to raise for Team in Training. You can be a part of the important work of LLS by donating here. I promise to train and run hard to honor your contributions to curing blood cancers.