Jill's Fundraising for TNT - San Antonio Rock & Roll Marathon
May 16, 2008 by Jill Whitaker
Racing to Save Lives
I'm training to participate in the Rock 'n' Roll San Antonio marathon as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives.
Please make a donation to support my participation in Team In Training and help advance LLS's mission.
How much do I need? Well, I've committed to raising $3500! So here are some suggested donations:
- $542 - The cost to fill an SUV with gas these days! (Maybe a slight exaggeration, but just a little...)
- $251 - A dollar for every mile I will run during Saturday group runs (This doesn't even count the other 3 days each week I'll be running!)
- $52 - Two dollars for every mile of the marathon
- $30 - My age at the time of the marathon
- $5.99 - Extra value meal (give up one fast food outing, donate that to my training and go for a walk instead!)
- $2.37 - Change in your car's ash tray
Please follow along as I do my training by visiting:
If you are uncomfortable with doing an online donation, you can mail a check donation. Make the check out to 'The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society' and e-mail me for my mailing address.
JillWillRun AT gmail DOT com