Together lets Tri to find a cure!
Mar 05, 2011
THANKFUL BEYOND WORDS FOR THE SUPPORT I'M RECEIVING!
SO FAR THIS SEASON WE'VE RAISED $4,163! (some donations are not reflected in the total to the right) WOOHOO!!!! THANK YOU!!!!
Welcome to my Team In Training home page.
I'm delighted to let you now that I have decided once again to train with Team In Training and participate in my 6th triathlon!
I thought about retiring from this crazy sport last year but changed my mind when a friends granddaughter was diagnosed with Leukemia.
Leukemia is such a horrible disease. The statistics are frightening.
- Leukemia accounts for approximately 35% of all childhood cancers
- Approximately 1 in 1000 children will be diagnosed with leukemia by the age of 19
- It is more common in children under the age of 10
- The five year survival rate for children diagnosed with leukemia and subsequently treated is approximately 70%
- 2500 cases of leukemia are diagnosed per year in the US
I love children and the thought of even one having to suffer with the disease, let alone contend with the side affects of treatment, breaks my heart.
I fundraise for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society every year and every year I have met my goal with your help. This year I have made my personal goal $6,000. Any donation you can make to help me reach my goal is very much appreciated.
What your donations support:
- more than 200 researchers
- provides financial assistance to patients
- sponsors scientific conferences
- produces educational materials and videos
- runs over 50 support groups nationwide
Thank you so much for your support!
"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." - Helen Keller