Oct 02, 2010 by Jeff Housman
Welcome to my Team In Training home page!
Update 10.2.2010: Another 18 miles down!!!
I'm training to participate in the San Antonio Rock n Roll Marathon (November 14, 2010) as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. I am completing this event in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers. These people are the real heroes on our team, and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!
Meet The Honored Heroes:
Blood Cancers Can Affect Anyone:
- 245,225 people in the U.S. are living with, or are in remission from leukemia.
- 44,790 new cases of leukemia were diagnosed in the United States in 2009.
- About 33 percent of cancers in children aged 0-14 years are leukemia
What Does the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Do?
In addition to raising money to find a cure, the LLS also:
- Provides financial support for treatment and medication
- Provides group and online support for the patients and family members
- Will arrange for transportation to and from medical and other treatment facilities
How You Can Help!
Make a donation in the upper right-hand corner of this page or participate in Team in Training.
I hope you will visit my web site often. Be sure to check back frequently to see my progress. Thanks for your support!
Meet My Family
Jeff, Melissa, and Eli