Beating Cancer One Race at a Time
Oct 28, 2009 by Rachael Mulcahy
Racing to Save Lives
Greetings family & friends - welcome back! :)
It is that time again. I have signed up for another event with Team in Training to raise money for blood cancer research. This time around I'm participating in the Lonestar Half Ironman Triathlon which is taking place in Galveston, Texas this upcoming April 24, 2010. The race consists of a 1.2 mile swim, a 56 mile bike ride, and a 13.1 mile run. That's right - 70.3 miles total!
As most of you probably remember, the reason I am completing this event is in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers. These people are the real heroes on our team, and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure! With your help, we can save lives by raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma.
Please make a donation to support my participation in Team In Training and help advance LLS's mission. Its easy and even the smallest amounts make a big difference. Don't think so? Here are a few ways to donate without breaking your bank:
- $5: Morning coffee - Skip once during one week;
- $10: Movie ticket - Bypass the crowded movie theatre & watch a movie at home;
- $15: Magazine subscription - You can pick up barely used, recent issues of mags at your local resale shop;
- $25: One hour of Bowling - Head outside to a nearby park and enjoy the scenery;
- $50: Dinner for two at a restaurant - Try cooking for your sweetie instead; or
- $70.30: Cost of a 1 hour massage + tip - Which is what I'll need, because this amount equates to $1 for each mile I'll swim/bike/run for the Lonestar Tri!
I'll be updating this page throughout the training season, so please visit & donate often. If you're not comfortable donating online, let me know via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I'll let you know how to donate otherwise.
Thanks in advance for all of your support!