Top Reasons why you should donate to my Team in Training campaign:
Oct 03, 2013 by Helene Herbert
1) You are helping to save lives (The need is critical: An estimated 957,902 people in the United States are living with, or are in remission from, leukemia, Hodgkin lymphoma, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, or myeloma.)
2) You think cancer should be stopped
3) You understand how hard fundraising campaigns are and want to help me out
4) You know I won’t stop bugging you until you do
5) You have realized that a latte (or several) at Starbucks cannot match the importance of finding a cure for cancer like Hodgkins Disease
6) You have realized that a beer (or several) cannot match the importance of finding a cure for cancer like leukemia
7) You are thoroughly impressed by my dedication to such a worthy cause
8) You are thoroughly impressed by how much I have taken on ... again
9) You truly support me and want to show it (therefore I won’t bug you to cheer me on at the race)
10) You are secretly jealous of how awesome Team in Training is, and wish to be a part in some way
11) I, someone you trust, am personally asking you
12) You want that warm fuzzy feeling you get from philanthropy (when you help others, you can’t help helping yourself…)
13) Every five minutes, someone in the United States learns that they have leukemia, lymphoma, or myeloma
13.1) Every ten minutes, a child or adult dies from one of these diseases
26.2) You want to make a difference.
Sep 30, 2013 by Helene Herbert
One month remains until my marathon, and I am right on track!
Thanks to a generous crew of supporters, I have met and EXCEEDED my goal amount. This isn't to say I am going to stop raising money, however - there is still more to be done and every dollar helps take one step closer to curing cancer.
Training is going great. I ran my third half marathon August 28th and beat all of my previous race time records (as well as broke 2:20, which has been my dream since race one in 2010). The 26.2 mile distance is still intimidating, but I have a great crew of runners I have found to do some runs with, and I know that on race day my purpose will fuel me :) (cheesy? yes. true? yes).
Until November 9th - GO TEAM!
Jul 22, 2013 by Helene Herbert
My Mission: To partner with Team in Training (TNT) in raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) and support the fight against cancer.
The need is critical: An estimated 957,902 people in the United States are living with, or are in remission from, leukemia, Hodgkin lymphoma, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, or myeloma. Every four minutes, someone new is diagnosed with blood cancer. Every 10 minutes, someone dies.
My Vision: A world full of support for those fighting these diseases (and their families), with strong progress towards a cure.
The money raised by TNT participants like me has enabled LLS to fund millions of dollars of research to help advance new treatments and cures for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma, and provide critical education and support to cancer patients and their families.
My Goals: Run 26.2 miles at the the Rock'N'Roll Marathon in Savannah on November 9th, 2013, with Team in Training. Raise $1,600 for LLS to help the fight against these blood cancers.
We are on the threshold of amazing breakthroughs. The money I am raising accelerates miraculous new treatments and healing therapies once thought impossible.
Cures today. Not someday.
And you are at the heart of it. Please Donate Today and have an immediate and lasting impact on the fight against blood cancer!
I might be crazy...
May 23, 2013 by Helene Herbert
I did it again. Deciding my life seemed way too quiet and peaceful (as peaceful as a house with a 7 month old puppy can be), I fell victim to a moment of insanity and registered for another race with Team in Training and LLS.
Ok, I love running, and the warm spring air, insanely beautiful mountains, and sunny streets were calling to me. I felt the need to get involved with a cause that truly matters and to accomplish some good. And I love Team in Training. So maybe that isn't quite to crazy...
Until I admit that I registered for the Full Marathon in Savannah, November 9th, 2013.
So here it is:
- I registered for a full marathon: 26.2 Miles
- I am again raising money to support those suffering from blood cancers and to find a cure - My goal is $1,600
- I need your help!
Together, we can make a difference in the fight against blood cancers. Please consider making a donation - any size, big or small, is one step closer!
Not convinced? Maybe you just need some 2013 Half Marathon approval:
My Fundraising Page
May 23, 2013
Teams are made up of individuals. Without them, there is no team.
Welcome to my Team In Training home page.
I have a mission-to help find cures and more effective treatments for blood cancers. To accomplish that mission, I’m participating in a sports endurance event as a member of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Team In Training. Like the other members of TNT, I will be raising funds to help find cures and better treatments for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma. I’m improving the quality of my life by participating and with your support, I can help improve the quality of life for patients and their families as well.
Please make a donation in support of my efforts with Team In Training and help advance the research for cures.