Aug 12, 2013 by Kelly Bonatsakis
As most of you know I ran my second half marathon with Team in Training!
Then this year I was given the opportunity to mentor the Boston chapter participants who are running Nike this year.
So what does this mean to you? I am raising $500 to help the find a cure for blood cancers, 100% of the donations I receive of to LLS.
Anyone who donates $10 between now and September 7, 2013 will be entered into the raffle. For every multiple of 10 you will get another online raffle ticket (i.e $10 = 1, $20 = 2, etc…).
Ready for the prizes?
TWO people will win a pair of marathon socks from Pro Compression, any color you want!
I wore my sweet pink ones after the NWM!
ONE person will win a Nuun/TNT water bottle and tube of Nuun.
ONE person will win a gift card to Starbucks.
TWO people will win a sports headband!
I am still working on some more prizes for you, please consider donating and help us find a cure today!
Jun 11, 2013 by Kelly Bonatsakis
Welcome to my Team In Training fundraising page.
In 2012, I had the opportunity to participate in the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, well I ran the half! I ran as part of the Massachusetts/New England Chapter of Team In Training (TNT). Prior to the half I was able to raise over $3500 for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in an effort to help find cures and more effective treatments for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma.
This year I am fundraising for the 2013 Nike Women's Marathon on October 20, 2013. Although I am not running, I am serving as the mentor for the individuals who are running Nike Women's Marathon for the Massachusetts/New England Chapter.
Where does your money go?
- A donation of $25 provides patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options.
- A donation of $50 makes possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.
- A donation of $100 helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.
- A donation of $500 could provide patient aid to THREE patients with Leukemia or a related cancer for a year.
- A donation of $1,000 makes possible one- on-one conversations with health care specialists who provide patients with information about their disease, treatment options, and helps prepare them with questions for their health care team.
I am currently working with some great companies to do a few giveaways (and will update this as I receive product)! Any donation between now and when I reach my goal will be counted. Every $10 donation = 1 raffle ticket, $20 = 3 raffle tickets, $50 = 8 raffle tickets!