My Fundraising Page
Jan 21, 2010 by Becki Ramsey
- Racing to Save Lives
Welcome to my Team In Training home page.
I've done it again. I'm going ALL IN and doing another event for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I will be running in the San Diego Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon on June 6, 2010. As part of the commitment to run that race, I need to raise $3,900 for the Society. I ran the 2005 Honolulu Marathon and the 2007 Nashville Country Music Marathon....so doing a half marathon? Fuh get about it! Piece a cake (someone please remind me of that on race day)! I can and WILL succeed in this goal!
BUT I need your help.
Please give $5, $10, $100, $1,000....whatever you can. Your donation is tax-deductible and a huge percentage of it goes directly to research to help find a cure for blood cancers!
Now more than ever, the need for a cure is critical:
- Every 4 minutes one person is diagnosed with a blood cancer.
- Every 10 minutes someone will lose their life from a blood cancer.
- Leukemia causes more deaths than any other cancer among children and young adults under the age of 20.
- An estimated 912,938 people in the United States are living with, or are in remission from a blood cancer.
SEE?!?! It could be you or me or worse yet, one of our children suffering. Help me raise money to find a cure!
I hope you will visit my web site often. Be sure to check back frequently to see my progress. THANK YOU....from the bottom of my heart to the tip of my running shoes....FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
P.S. If you or anyone you know is a survivor of a blood cancer or is currently enduring the battle, PLEASE let me know. I'd like to make a list of everyone who is battling or has gone through the battle...I'll carry that list with me during the race and every step will honor them and their COURAGE.
"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME!" ~ Philippians 4:13
WHO I'M RUNNING FOR....
- • Charles Crees - My grandfather who died of cancer
- • Gary McBroom- My uncle, non-cancer related dealth but an avid runner
- • Donna "Granny" Azbill - My beloved mother-in-law - died of Multiple Myeloma
- • Pam James - Daughter of Becky Dunn - 9 year survivor of Hodgkin's Lymphoma (and just found out she's pregnant with her 4th baby! Whoo hoo!)
- • Bruce Carl- Uncle of Melissa Hansen - Died of Mulitple Myeloma
- • Norma Peters - Mother of John (Kelli) Peters - Died of Leukemia in October 2007
- • Beverly Thomas - Mother of Linda Hartman - Died of Multiple Myeloma
- • Linda Wilson - Friend of Linda Hartman - Died of blood cancer this year
- • Andy Pickrel - Son of Tom & Lynn Pickrel - died from Leukemia at age 16 in 2006. He helped me run the 2007 Nashville Marathon (had a sweet picture of him on my back) and I am so excited to run in his honor again in San Diego. God bless the Pickrel family!
- • Aunt Willie - Aunt of Richard Arndt - Sweet, sweet lady who battled blood cancer and WON!
- • Brian Borrow - Currently in remission from Leukemia, Brian spoke bravely at a fundraising event we had in April about how you can wake up one morning and your life is forever changed.