My Fundraising Page
Nov 07, 2008 by Harold Ikerd
Running to Save Lives
Welcome to H's (Harold Ikerd) Team In Training page.
I'm training to participate in the Salt Lake city Marathon this April as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. All of us on The Logan, Utah Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. Sure I could have paid the $80 fee for the Marathon and NOT raised the $2000.00 for the LLS but where would the fun be in that?!?
Lauren and I are completing this event in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers as well as any form of cancer. Lauren recently lost her father to side effects following the treatment for pancreatic cancer. He fought, with family at his side, until March 2008. Cancer patients, like Lauren's father, are the real heroes, and they need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!
I hope you will visit my web site often as well as our team blog -> http://logantnt.blogspot.com/.
My personal goal is 100 donations of $26.20... seems fitting, eh?
Thanks for your support!
At present, international donors need to look for the "International donors click here" link in the top right of the Donate Now form. It is small and easy to miss. The forms actually look pretty similar, but the State/Province section is no longer required.
After the upgrade, there will only be one form. After the donor selects his/her country. If it is not US/Canada, the State/Province section will no longer be required.
In either case, the most common reason the form won't process is the inclusion of the country code on the phone number. Also, even though the form's example phone number includes dashes, international donors should not include spaces or dashes. So, no country code, no spaces or dashes.
Here are also some tips for common problems for anyone using the online Donate Now form:
1. Please make sure you don't have any spaces in your credit card number and telephone number.
2. Make sure that the credit card type matches the type of card you are using.
3. Make sure that the expiration date and cardholders name match.
4. Do not use a $, decimal point or comma when specifying the amount of your donation.
5. Make sure that you are not putting in too much text in the "donor comments" area (max 1024 characters).
6. Make sure that the address you type in is exactly the same as the address your credit card has on file for you.