Apr 25, 2013 by Margaret Rorrio
As of April 25, 2013 TEAM BRENNA is officially at 84% of our goal…AMAZING! Here’s a little insight to our team…
- 32 team members in all
- 10 team members are participating in the America’s Most Beautiful bike Ride out in Lake Tahoe on June 2nd (including Team Captain Grit Rorrio!)
- 3 team members are participating in the Aquaphor NYC Triathlon on July 14th
- 1 participant is participating in the Bloomin’ Metric bike ride in Westport, CT on June 2nd
- 6 Participants are participating in the Fairfield 5K on June 22nd and 3 more will do the Fairfield Half Marathon the next day
- 5 participants will participate in the Grand Canyon Hike on May 18th
- 1 participant has already completed the NYC Half Marathon!
- 1 team member will head out to the Rock n’ Roll San Diego Marathon on June 2nd
- 1 team member is doing the St. Anthony’s Triathlon THIS WEEKEND in St. Petersburg, FL!
To date, the top 5 fundraisers on TEAM BRENNA are:
Arthur Riihimaki $4,253.6
Debbie Rosa $4,464
Bill Dudjoc $5,150
Catherine Linton $5,198.6
James Kimball $24,310.25
On April 20th we held a Poker Run in Milford with our marathon team and raised $190.00for TEAM BRENNA!
We are thrilled and humbled by the outpouring of support for TEAM BRENNA and cant wait to meet our goal of $100,000! Thank you all for your kindness. GO TEAM!
The Quest For a Research Grant!
Apr 25, 2013
Join Team In Training in honoring
Team In Training is rallying in honor of five year old, Brenna, who recently lost her battle to Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL). Friends, neighbors and people who have never met this amazing little girl are raising money to support blood cancer research funded by The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. If TEAM BRENNA raises $100,000 by June 14, 2013 we can link Brenna’s name to an LLS-funded researcher to honor her legacy and help others with blood cancers.
Brenna was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL) on September 29, 2010. She went into remission within a month and was just over a year into her maintenance stage of chemo when the cancer came back in November 2011. In order to survive, she needed a bone marrow transplant, and luckily, her sister Maura was a perfect match. She received her transplant on March 30, 2012, and was discharged at the end of April. Her cancer returned in October 2012 and Brenna lost her battle December 22, 2012 after a very strong and determined fight against this disease. Please visit: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/brennazettergren
How can YOU support TEAM BRENNA?
1. Register to participate in a TNT event by calling Nicole at 203-656-1418 and mentioning TEAM BRENNA
2. Fundraise for the TEAM without participating in an event
3. Make a one-time donation on this website